Monday, May 12, 2008

look.

I looked up Paul Morelli http://www.paulmorelli.com/index2.html His website is very professional, all of his peices are pictured at least once on a woman model. Unique production jewelry, lots of diamonds, seemed like jewelry for (rich) women.

When I looked up Klimt02 I found so many great things. Here are some images of Leonor Hipolito. He did a series of necklaces that were based on fragments of furniture. I love how they look.


This is an image of Joan Parcher's enameled copper bracelet. She didn't have a website (that I could find at least). But I found images of her work and information about her on Klimt02 Site, Patina Gallery's Site, and DeNovo's Contemporary Jewelry Show Site. I love the color she uses.

I found this image on Klimt02. The artist is Jantje Fleischhut and the work was based on the artist's personal experiences in certain environments. I liked the peirced work.
Monika Strasser did this brooch. I love how antique it looks. I found him on Klimt02 as well.
Sari Liimatta did this squirrel piece. She did a bunch of different animal ones, I liked this one the best.
Susan Pietzsch did this piece. It might be hard to tell in this picture, but there are images of oranges and grapefruit on the little squares. I liked the graphic quality.
Here is another picture of Leonor Hipolito's fragmented furniture pieces. Love it.
So the majority of these images were found on Klimt02 website. http://www.klimt02.net/ Amazing.
I also looked up Linda Weintraub. She is the author of Art on the Edge and Over... Looked like a good book. “Art on the Edge and Over: Searching for Art's Meaning in Contemporary Society explains the intractably avant-garde art of the 1970s, 80s and 90s by searching for art's meaning within the context of popular culture and the common trends that have led to such new forms of expression.”
I also looked up Charon Kransen Arts. Great website. http://www.charonkransenarts.com/
I found a statement on their "about" page that I thought went well with what we are currently doing with materials: "The focus is on the artists' personal vision and on an innovative approach, characterized by the use of a wide spectrum of materials from paper to precious."
More to come I'm sure.

1 comment:

Rebecca Dortzbach said...

great images, thanks for posting! i own art on the edge and over, i used it to help research for my thesis paper. Its a great resource and is full of information on performing arts. check it out, its next door!