

Nancy NicholsonLove love love this artist. She does awesome stained glass work by transferring photography onto glass using silkscreen (using glass paint instead of ink). Her work is awesome. Check out her one-of-a-kind pieces. She is from NYC and her work focuses on the landscapes and images she encounters in the city.
“Nancy’s signature work is an ongoing series of cityscape panels that explores the layering of light, color and dynamic forms of the urban environment.” I love that she depicts these graphic/intricate images through stained glass. So great. She’s going to be at the Philly Craft Show in November! Awesome.
http://nancy-nicholson.com/



Miel ParedesHer work is mostly vessels/forms made out of copper/bronze. The detail she includes in her designs is awesome. I love her stuff. Her website has tons of great images of everything from helmets and trophies, to tea infusers and pendants. She also includes a lot of interesting studio photos that document her works-in-progress. Great stuff.
http://mielmargarita.com/index.html



Adam Smith
I fell in love with his work at ACC, very eclectic mixed media assemblages. Fun to look at and figure out what each piece included. Along with his sculptures, he makes some really interesting one of a kind jewelry incorporating the use of antique photographs. I think what I remember most was his awesome display at the show.
http://www.adamsmitharticulations.com/
Biba Schutz
I almost worked for Biba at ACC, but she ended up not needing me. Her website doesn’t have a ton of photos. She makes extremely intricate jewelry. Really nice stuff.
I almost worked for Biba at ACC, but she ended up not needing me. Her website doesn’t have a ton of photos. She makes extremely intricate jewelry. Really nice stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment