Monday, April 7, 2008

more to see.


Yay for google searching.


Mio Culture


Green Design for Everyone.

Ripple Wallpaper - acoustic weave

I love paper.

100% Wool Felt-shell Lighting - I love how they use the natural qualities of felt to diffuse light.

Andrew Goss

I believe we looked at some of his work in class on Thursday. He does some interesting pendents out of cast concrete. I also found an image of these bracelets that are heat-formed cellulose acetate.






Mary Pearse

She had some lovely jewelry, mainly brooches, that were cast out of plastic and paper. I thought her designs were very elegant and her choice of materials contributed to her overall aesthetic. I put an image of one of her paper cast pins at the top.




Marcel Wanders
Really cool website. He made a sponge bowl (I couldn't get the image on here) where he took a regular sponge, impregnated it with porcelain resin, and then burned out the sponge while hardening the resin in a kiln. The end result was a porcelain bowl that kept the texture and form of the sponge. In the same way, he created a lace table for Droog. He used Swiss lace as a material and hardened it with a resin for table function. He also made an amazing crochet chair that is beautiful. I would recommend checking out his website. Below is a picture of his knot chair he designed for Droog.

Dialects of desire by Tomáš Gabzdil Libertíny Beeswax Vase
I found this vase on the droog website. Bees helped in its construction. I love how the material contributes to the form.

Marti Guixe
Brilliantly simple and curiously serious.
Really interesting site. I couldn't get any of the images to put on here. I liked his "slogan."

No comments: