Sunday, February 24, 2008
The Art of Innovation.
I must say this Art of Innovation book is pretty inspiring. I just read the chapters about “Hot Groups” and “Innovations Begin with an Eye.” I could really relate with most of the information discussed in the groups chapter. Finding goals, using the enthusiasm you may feel toward a certain goal, directing the pressure of deadlines that seem unreachable, fueling determination, and discovering a commitment. My student career has been made up of all of these things. I loved the “Get a goal, light a fire” concept. I feel like I struggle a lot with questions like why am I doing what I’m doing, and what is my ultimate goal? Besides striving to get a good grade in every class, I’ve gotten to a point where the projects I pursue become more relevant to my life outside of the classroom. There was also a portion that outlined good leadership. I agree that some main factors for a good leader are trust from team members, and a care and commitment for the project. Brainstorming is so key in all of this: from the individual work, to the team collaboration, to the finished product. I loved the chapter about “An Eye” beginning innovation. Observations bring about a spark that, in turn, brings about questions. This process of inspiration celebrating human behavior is so exciting to me. Why make something if it isn’t going to benefit someone or become a part of someone’s life? Why not open your eyes and improve upon what you see? I love the idea of becoming inspired through watching human behavior and interaction. Life is all around us. All of the urges, actions, and principles of this human life can be used as inspiration. I feel like this idea of getting inspired to “fix” things that you notice could use an improvement ties back to the first chapter about finding a “goal.” Notice the world. Observe the life you are a part of. Challenge yourself and make the goal of fixing whatever you can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment