Even though green happens to be my favorite color, I don't know that much about green design. I did a little bit of research this morning and found a couple sites that are really awesome.
http://www.greenbiz.com/resources/design
This site is just a good resource I think to see what's going on in the area of green design already and the continued efforts of those incorporating green design into their work.
http://www.ecolect.net
I absolutely love this site. It is a directory of sustainable materials. Such a great resource to help me search for materials I may be interested in using in a variety of ways. Really great site...
I think the idea of creating a relationship between people and the natural environment is such a good one. By creating objects with green or sustainable materials a new concept exists within the peice. It no longer is simply a conceptual design in form but also in the choice of material. I think choosing materials that minimize environmental impacts or are easily reused or recycled is so clever and will create a new realtionship with the viewer or user of the object. Sustainable materials will instill a new idea or thought in the viewer's mind that they perhaps never had.
green is such a pretty color.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment