Friday, February 1, 2008
response to podcast.
So I listened to the post cast of Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters and his conversation with Terry Gross, the host of Fresh Air. I thought it was an interesting show; an artist’s insight I think is always fascinating. Grohl obviously has a specific style in the majority of his work. The story he shared about the miners in Tasmania I thought was really amazing. Basically the fact that these miners who got trapped in a collapsed mine requested an IPOD with the Foo Fighters album on it explains the role music plays in people’s lives. Knowing the impact of your work can completely change the creative approach you take. Grohl also talked about Kurt Cobain and how dedicated his was to his work. I thought it was cool that Kurt would basically lock himself up in his room alone every night just so he could write more. I think that shows how much he loved what he did. His dedication was intense and he apparently needed this “alone time” to be creative.When I think of my creative process, I don’t really know where to begin. I feel like every idea, every inspiration is different. Sometimes an idea will immediately pull me in a certain direction while others leave me with numerous options and I’m confused as to where to go. I feel like I dive into some of my ideas by first writing about them. I need to figure out my own thoughts on whatever subject I choose and then go from there. I really want to work this year on making each piece I make my own. I haven’t quite made my own style and I’d like to discover it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
nice job, Karen
Post a Comment